Thoughtcrew is supporting an MSc research project at the Rhine Waal University of Applied Sciences. The research student wants to reach out to a wide range of businesses to see how they approach innovation and change management. It would be really helpful if you could take a few minutes to complete the following questionnaire using cut and paste into an email or downloading the Questionnaire and sending it to Mahjabeen Rahman <Mahjabeen.Rahman@hsrw.org>. We are hoping to get responses by the 15th November 2013
I am a student of Rhine Waal University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Rhein Waal) in Germany. I am doing my M.Sc. in Bionics/Biomimetics. For the master thesis, I am doing a research on developing a tool for innovation and change management which will provide solutions in a different way from the traditional business tools. I need some information from the potential users of this tool for a successful completion of the research. There is no need to write your name or your company name. All the information will be kept confidential. So kindly cooperate in this research by participating in the following questionnaire.
Please provide the information below and answer the following questions.
1. When you face a problem or cannot meet up certain challenge in your working environment, what do you usually do?
a) Discuss with senior managers
b) Discuss with team mates/subordinates
c) Take help from a business solution app/tool
d) Take a break for thinking
e) Other (Please write what it is)
2. How often does your organization face difficulties in the following fields? Use a rating from 1 to 6 where 1 represents the highest difficulty level. Please write in short about the ratings you provide.
a) Change management
b) Maintaining productive relationship with supplier/customer
c) Project management
d) Coordination in teamwork
e) Business performance management
f) Ensuring competitive strength
3. Suppose you are not getting success at present with the rules and policies you thought would work well. Would you use any business solution tool for solving this problem? If no, then how would you solve that?
4. Is there anything that is working like a poison i.e. negatively affecting component in your business environment? What is it?
5. How well is the performance of your team/department? Provide a rating from 1 to 3 where 1=very good, 2=moderate/average, 3=not good. Tell us briefly about why you think so?
6. How is your relationship with your business partners/suppliers? Provide a rating from 1 to 3 where 1=very good, 2=moderate/average, 3=not good. Tell us briefly about why you think so?
7. How is the performance of your company in meeting customer demands and reading customer thoughts? Provide a rating from 1 to 3 where 1=very good, 2=moderate/average, 3=not good. Tell us briefly about why you think so?
8. How well do you fit in the competition with others? In other words, how strong are you in coping up with the competitors? Provide a rating from 1 to 3 where 1=strong, 2=moderate, 3=weak/not very strong. Tell us briefly about why you think so?
9. Do you use any business tool for innovation and change management? Are you satisfied with its performance? If no, can you please write why?
10. According to you, what should be the most important factor(s) of a business case solving tool?
11. Suppose there is a completely different type of business tool which works like a virtual assistant in dealing with a poison, project/team members, suppliers, competitors, customers and so on. How interested will you be to grab this tool?
12. Assume there are two different types of tool i.e. Tool A and Tool B. Tool A always provides a readymade solution and Tool B shows you the way to think about a solution and generate new ideas. Which one do you prefer? Why?
Thank you for giving us your valuable time!